Keeping our clients' data secure is one of our highest priorities. The following lists security measures in place to safeguard your data:
- eMediCall is HIPAA Compliant.
- ALL data (not just PHI and PII) in our system is encrypted. Multiple layers of encryption protect your data at rest using NIST Standard AES encryption.
- ALL data in transit to and from our web application is encrypted via SSL, and our SSL certificates are renewed every 90 days.
- Username and password are required to login.
- Facility nurse access is restricted by IP address. This ensures patient issues are sent from the facility.
- All text message notifications sent from our system do not contain any personal or medical information.
- eMediCall received a very high BitSight Security rating of 790 in Q4 2018.
- Notifications expire based on urgency.
The originality of eMediCall as a system of communication has been recognized by the US Patent Office and is protected by a United States Patent.